Removing Flood Water from Orlando Attics After Storm Damage
Flooding can quickly cause water damage. Contact SERVPRO for water removal and remediation services.
Flooding in the Attic Can Affect a Wide Area of Your Orlando Home.
Fully utilizing household space for Orlando homeowners means having finished attics for the additional square footage of the residence. When roof vulnerabilities exist when strong storms pass through Central Florida, homes can become susceptible to penetrating flood water that pools along the floors.
Removing Water from a Finished Attic
When the attic becomes the victim of penetrating storm damage, flood water extraction in Orlando homes must happen quickly. Not all extractors are ideal for the confined space and distance necessary to reach the upper levels. Some of the most common tools for attic extraction include:
- High-pressure pumps
- Truck-mount extractors
- Wet vacuums
- Light wands
Content Relocation and Cleaning
While our responding technicians intend to restore and clean damaged contents on-site, there are solutions for more challenging restoration needs. Our nearby SERVPRO facility provides the appropriate setting for surface cleaning, deodorization, and drying. When restoration completes, our technicians can return these items to where they were acquired.
Drying Wood Flooring in Attic Living Space
Wood flooring is among the commonly installed materials in finished attic spaces for how long these floors last and their lower cost. With many of these floors not being water-resistant, any standing water concerns can begin to absorb into the planks fast. While the trapped water is still free, it is not yet chemically bonded with wood molecules, drying mats and other evaporation methods could be effective.
Flooding is one of the most devastating disasters that many Orlando area homes and businesses face in their lifetime. With how rapidly areas like the attic can become overwhelmed by infiltrating water, we have efficient extraction and drying solutions to help. Our SERVPRO of South Orange County team is standing by 24/7 at (407) 226-2621.
How Can Effective Water Damage Mitigation Services Protect My Orlando Residence?
SERVPRO is here to help with water damage of any level. Our technicians know all the steps to take to bring back your belongings after water strikes.
The Right Water Damage Mitigation Company Can Save You Both Time and Money.
Water leaks are responsible for a lot of costly residential damage in Orlando. Their effects can appear rapidly or slowly over a long period of time. Whatever their cause, it is essential to have them quickly located, repaired and their impact limited to lower overall remediation costs.
There are several things that Orlando water damage mitigation companies like SERVPRO can do to protect your home from further damage. Our emergency water damage services include, among other things, repairing burst pipes and ceiling leaks, water removal services, basement flooding cleanup, and water damage repairs. In performing all of this work, SERVPRO technicians are generally able to:
- Quickly limit the amount of standing water accumulating in your home and impacting its interiors
- Substantially reduce the number of catastrophic structural failures that often result from waterlogged building materials
- Minimize/prevent harmful microbial growths that could cause health effects, discolor or undermine the structural integrity of ceilings, walls, and floors, and produce persistent foul odors
- Prevent further, long-term damage resulting from high airborne moisture levels
- Save and restore impacted household contents like carpets, furnishings, and other personal possessions
- Protect your home from post-event water damage and vandalism using tarping, fencing, and board-up services
Using all the knowledge and high-tech tools at our disposal, we can often reduce overall repair times and limit your final remediation costs.
Considering all of this, it is easy to understand why SERVPRO of South Orange County is one of the best water damage mitigation companies in the Orlando area. So, whenever the unexpected happens and a water-related event impacts you, call us at (407) 226-2621 for help.
What Can Fire Damage Restoration Do For Your Orlando Area Home?
You need a team you can trust after a fire strikes in your home. Call SERVPRO right away.
Fire Damage Restoration Can Remedy Several of Your Home’s Fire-Related Issues.
House fires can cause all kinds of damage to your Orlando area residence. These fire-related injuries could range from minor scorch marks and smoky smells to the total destruction of your home. Most of these issues, fortunately, can be resolved with effective fire damage restoration services.
The Orlando fire damage restoration experts at SERVPRO have successfully dealt with even the worst problems encountered in fire-damaged homes. We have routinely performed house fire clean up, smoke remediation, and full fire damage restoration services. All of these efforts usually return impacted residences to their pre-fire condition in record time.
Equipment That We Use To Complete Our Remediation Work:
- Air circulating and cleansing equipment like air movers, air scrubbers, and ozone machines
- Residue cleaning sponges, abrasives, and solvents
- State-of-the-art foggers, injection devices, and deodorants to eliminate foul, smoke-related odors
Our Services Help Prevent, Fix, or Ameliorate the Following Problems Associated With House Fires:
- Total or partial structural collapses caused by fire-weakened structural elements
- Additional damage caused by water leaks, vandalism, and other issues arising after a fire event
- Acidic residue-damaged ceilings, walls, and contents
- HVAC systems fouled by smoke particles that spread the contamination throughout your residence
- Persistent, difficult to eliminate, unpleasant odors that result after a residential fire
So, as you can see, SERVPRO endeavors to return homeowners to their pre-fire lives as soon as possible. We diligently work to remove all reminders of your house fire and make it seem "Like it never even happened."
With all this in mind, remember that your neighborhood SERVPRO of South Orange County is always here to help you with your fire damage restoration needs. Call us anytime at (407) 226-2621 for assistance.
Your Lake Nona Property Needs Prompt Water Mitigation Services
Our skilled teams of experts have the tools and experience you will need after water strikes in your home.
Burst Pipes or Faulty Appliances Require Water Mitigation – Call SERVPRO to Your Lake Nona Home!
A mop and bucket will rarely cut it when you have spills that require water clean up. Rather than taking the chance of leaving moisture behind, it is always wise to call in the help of trained technicians who know how to implement water removal services. SERVPRO features IICRC-certified water restoration technicians (WRT) who will be at your door and ready to start water damage remediation fast so that you can get your Lake Nona home back to normal.
Water mitigation in Lake Nona means having a team that you can trust to be there for emergency services and water damage help. SERVPRO is ready to respond 24/7 for all emergency calls so that you are not left stranded with standing water wreaking havoc on your property. We know how important it is to you to resume life as usual, which is why We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster!
Mitigating Damage Means:
- Assessment – The crew chief onsite inspects the area, including points where water may have migrated.
- Containment – Our team puts barriers in place to keep moisture and contaminants from moving into unaffected areas of your Lake Nona home.
- Prevention - This may include removing standing water, putting drying equipment in place, or removing unsalvageable materials such as drywall, flooring, baseboards, etc.
Why Call Specialists?
There may be some aspects of your water incident that you do not have the tools or experience to address. We have specialized equipment and methods to handle any number of factors. These measures might include drying mats for hardwood flooring, light wand extractors for carpet, or borescopes that help us detect moisture behind drywall.
SERVPRO of South Orange County is the trusted name in the area for water mitigation and restoration when you need it. Call us at (407) 226-2621!
Don’t Wait to Call for Water Damage Restoration, Get the Help You Need in Orlando
Don't let water go unchecked in your home. Call SERVPRO for help to avoid further damage.
SERVPRO Offers Orlando Residents Rapid Water Extraction and Detailed Damage Restoration, ASAP!
When you realize you have a water-related emergency on your hands, you need to start mitigating the issue. Failing to act accordingly after a spill, overflowing sink or tub, or faulty appliance could quickly turn into costly damage. Water damage remediation with SERVPRO gets you a skilled crew at your door and ready to work within hours of your call.
Water damage restoration in Orlando means having a team that understands best practices for extraction, drying, deodorization, and controlled demolition. Once you contact SERVPRO to take a look, we have our Green Fleet on your property as soon as possible. Our crew chief begins the assessment to look at the level of water damage and areas where moisture may have migrated. From there, the right tools get selected for the job so that we can make your Orlando property “Like it never even happened.”
What Types of Water Damage You Might See
Any incident involving standing water means that you need rapid water clean up before secondary damage settles in. We also like to inform our clients about several potential hazards which should remain at the forefront of their minds, including:
- Ceiling leaks may lead to heavy, sagging materials that could fall and cause injury
- Slip and fall hazards whenever there is wet flooring like tile, vinyl, or wood
- Moisture coming into contact with electrical wires or outlets could cause shock
- Stagnant water left to fester may lead to mold growth, which has the potential for causing health effects
No matter the cause, SERVPRO of South Orange County is the team you want on your side when you require water damage restoration. Call us for water removal services and more by dialing (407) 226-2621.
Orlando Residents - Leave Mold Remediation to the Skilled SERVPRO Team
SERVPRO uses state of the art moisture detection equipment for thorough drying after your home is affected by moisture.
Why Call SERVPRO When You Need Mold Remediation? We Have Proven Methods to Restore Your Orlando Home!
Something that Orlando homeowners may not think of is that water restoration and black mold removal go hand-in-hand. Because moisture is a significant catalyst during the mold growth process, the chances are good that you have a leak, spill, or hidden moisture that is the root cause of the issue. SERVPRO can come out to your property within hours of your call so that we can start the process of mold removal to bring your home back to pristine condition, “Like it never even happened.”
Why do you need professionals to handle mold remediation in Orlando? SERVPRO wants all potential clients to know that we have the methods and cleaning agents to get the job done as carefully, efficiently, and safely as possible. Some of the things that our crew will do after arriving at your property may include:
- Containment, including the construction of barriers and tarping
- Removal of all standing water
- Taking a look for hidden leaks
- Using moisture detection tools and sensors
- Reducing overall relative humidity (RH)
- Monitor airflow/movement
- Black mold damage repairs
- Anti-microbial and anti-bacterial agent application
- Total sanitization and deodorization to ensure your Orlando home is Certified: SERVPRO Clean
About Relative Humidity
RH in the air throughout your property is the amount of moisture held at specific temperatures. Should RH become too high, it can turn into a breeding ground for mildew and mold. With the help of our powerful dehumidifiers, drying equipment, and other tools, we can restore RH and restore your interior safely.
Call us at SERVPRO of South Orange County when it is time to begin the mold remediation process. You can reach our offices by dialing (407) 226-2621.
Salvaging Your Orlando Property with Skilled Fire Restoration
Fire and smoke damage can certainly catch you off guard! Team SERVPRO is ready and equipped to mitigate the situation. Call today.
Professional Fire Damage Restoration with SERVPRO Gives Orlando Residents Peace of Mind
It is important to remember that enlisting the help of professional water & fire damage restorations reduces cost while limiting personal loss. Because replacement becomes a costly factor for fire insurance claims, SERVPRO works to restore rather than replace whenever possible.
Why Restore vs. Replace?
When handling your fire restoration in Orlando, we do what we can to clean and restore as many building materials and personal belongings as we can. We may implement restoration efforts like:
- Careful cleaning and recovery of upholstered items
- Sealing and repainting of structural services
- Blasting, sanding, and refinishing wood content
We Follow Basic Principles to Restore Fire Damaged Homes
There are several principles that our IICRC-certified technicians utilize when stepping into any fire and smoke damage project. These principles include:
- Surface/material identification
- Inspection to locate all areas of smoke and soot residue
- Soot and smoke residue identification
- Capture and removal of all residues
- Residue and charred debris disposal
Part of our fire and smoke damage remediation process includes inspection of the fire source or zone. This step helps us determine how far and where smoke particles traveled. The surface areas impacted and the type of residue present helps us decide which methods and cleaning agents are best to achieve our goals.
There is a reason why SERVPRO is the trusted name in the industry when it comes to fire and smoke damage restoration and cleanup. We always expedite the restoration process, isolate any affected rooms to limit soot particle tracking, and assist with claim handling to make your life easier. Do you need a team on-site and ready to work for fire restoration? Call us at SERVPRO of South Orange County at (407) 226-2621.
Methods Used Throughout Your Orlando Home for Fire and Smoke Cleanup Matters
Affected by a recent fire? Team SERVPRO can be on the scene quickly with tools and experienced technicians. We are standing by 24/7.
Orlando Residents Can Trust SERVPRO to Follow Industry Standards for Fire and Smoke Cleanup
Once you have lived through a fire incident at your Orlando property, you will undoubtedly be concerned with fire and smoke damage cleanup. However, this is not the type of task that you should leave up to just anyone. It is always best to hire experienced, certified technicians for fire and smoke damage restoration and cleanup. SERVPRO helps ensure you have peace of mind the job gets done right the first time and at an affordable price.
For fire and smoke cleanup in Orlando to be successful, our technicians must address all safety elements. Strategizing and preparation are essential, and we have the protocols in place to facilitate effective cleaning, refurbishment, and deodorization.
SERVPRO technicians consider each cleaning method and any solutions used to ensure it is the best selection for the job. The team may address smoke remediation and soot residue removal in several ways, including:
- Soot removal from unfinished or rough surfaces may call for blast cleaning, sanding, or pressure washing.
- While restoring indoor spaces, blast cleaning works well without creating moisture issues.
- Regardless of the method used, our fire and smoke damage restoration technicians (FSRT) always consider indoor air quality (IAQ) with the help of HEPA filtration units.
- Your home gets Certified: SERVPRO Clean! We utilize a broad selection of EPA-registered cleaning agents, deodorizing solvents, and sanitization techniques.
There is no fire and smoke cleanup task that SERVPRO of South Orange County cannot handle. We are available 24-hours a day, and We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster! Call us at (407) 226-2621, and we can dispatch our Green Fleet.
Why Orlando Residents Should Call SERVPRO for Flood Damage Assistance
When your home is flooded, quick action is required. Contact SERVPRO 24/7 for water removal and flood damage remediation efforts.
SERVPRO Handles Every Detail of Flood Damage to Ensure Best Results for Your Orlando Property
Nobody expects floodwater to enter their home, but these events in Orlando sometimes happen without warning. You know that rapid water clean up is best, but where do you begin? One of the many reasons locals can trust SERVPRO is our industry-proven and reliable methods for flood restoration and quick response.
Flood damage within your Orlando home can leave you disheartened. However, SERVPRO works to restore versus replace wherever possible. We know that you have many elements that make your house your home, so we take the time to decontaminate surfaces carefully and perform water damage repairs to make it “Like it never even happened.”
In many flood restoration projects, items need to be carefully packed up and moved out. This process includes:
- Our SERVPRO crew does all of the work to wrap large items for protection, gathering small belongings, and putting them into boxes for transport.
- Everything is photographed, listed, and tagged for easy tracking.
- The Contents Claim Inventory Services (CCIS) gets used for thorough documentation and security.
- Items may get moved to a secure location on your property or transported to our facility for further cleaning and restoration.
SERVPRO also features the best equipment and methods in the industry, like:
- Ultrasonic tanks for immersion cleaning
- Drying mats for handling floor/subfloor drying
- Freeze-drying used to remove moisture from paperwork, important documents, photographs, and books
- Containment and drying chamber construction to target drying efforts, preventing secondary damage and mold growth
When SERVPRO of South Orange County handles your flood damage, you will get the results you deserve fast! Call us for emergency response at (407) 226-2621.
What Cleaning is Needed After Ceiling Leaks in Orlando Homes?
When water damages your upholstery, SERVPRO can help. We use the leading industry practices to restore your possessions.
Multiple Surface Cleaning Strategies can Benefit Water-Damaged Orlando Properties
Ceiling leaks can be a widespread threat to a home, especially with the damage they can cause to building materials over time. After controlled demolition and through the reconstruction often necessary after, there are several cleaning steps required.
Are Water Cleanup Steps Necessary?
When water cleanup for Orlando homes is needed, we have several strategies to help, including:
- Wall Surface Cleaning – Surface layer dust, debris, and discoloration are possible in water damage situations. We have potent cleaning products to wipe and scrub these surfaces.
- Carpet Cleaning – Persistent ceiling leaks can affect a large area of carpet below, resulting in the same time of marking and staining present on the drywall. Deluxe cleaning with our advanced hot water extraction techniques can restore the vibrancy of dulled carpets.
- Upholstery & Fabric Cleaning – we have specifically certified technicians trained in Upholstery & Fabric Cleaning (UFT) to help after water damage leaves its mark on particular textiles.
With efficient cleaning solutions, we can make water damage “Like it never even happened.” Call SERVPRO of South Orange County today at (407) 226-2621.