Emergency Fire Damage Tips!! What to do?
In a fire or water loss situation, your insureds are faced with emergency decisions that must be made while they are experiencing stress and uncertainty. Since a fast response is key to preventing further damage, SERVPRO of South Orange County Professionals offer and emergency checklist that guides you through the steps you need to follow until professional assistance arrives. By keeping their tips handy or with your insurance policy, you increase the chances of a successful restoration.
After fire, smoke and water damage:
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from spreading and additional damage from occurring.
- Place clean towels or old linens or rugs, carpet traffic areas and upholstery; if wet, remove pillows and cushions for faster drying.
- If power is not available, empty freezer and refrigerator completely and prop doors open.
- Coat chrome faucets, trim and appliances with petroleum jelly or oil.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheese cloth over air registers.
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpet.
SERVPRO of South Orange County utilize a 24-hour hotline for immediate response to emergency situations. Call SERVPRO of South Orange County today for more content-saving and restoration tips.