Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
Who Needs Mold Inspections for Damaged Homes?
In situations where mold is suspected, or even confirmed, professional remediators can inspect the property for active microbial colonization and the damage it causes. Physical signs of spreading organisms and the deterioration of hosting materials are focal points in this property assessment. Mold inspections can often follow behind the work of industrial hygienists testing the environment.
Can Surface Cleaning Address Black Mold?
Surface cleaning often involves multiple antimicrobial products and agents in our recovery inventory. Chlorine-based solvents often used in the disinfection process can often eliminate growth on the surface of hosting materials. When surface cleaning with abrasive tactics like scrubbing is not sufficient, more direct remediation strategies might be necessary, such as:
- Media blasting
- Controlled demolition
How Can Mold Remediation Help?
Remediation targets active colonization through multiple methods. Because mold organisms can be so destructive to hosting materials and contents within the residence, getting these remediation strategies started as soon as possible is critical. We have experienced Applied Microbial Remediation Technicians (AMRT) to help with:
- basement mold remediation
- black mold
- attic mold
- Mold remediation
- bathroom mold removal
- mold specialists
Does Attic Mold Removal Come with Repairs?
Removing mold damage is rarely the extent of what a home needs to return to preloss condition. Our general contracting license often affords actions like roof repairs and build back necessary to ensure leaking and moisture vulnerabilities get resolved. Remediation is as much about stopping future threats as it is removing active colonization.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (407) 226-2621
Confusion and misunderstanding surround the topic of mold and mold remediation. Some restoration businesses even make claims to remove all mold from a building. This is a fallacy. Mold spores occur naturally almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. These microscopic spores float along in the air and can enter a home or business through windows and HVAC systems. Consider these facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of South Orange County?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
A minor mold problem can quickly become a major infestation if left untreated. We can start the remediation process immediately after you contact us. A faster response lessens the mold damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
As water and mold damage specialists, we have the experience, the expertise, and the advanced training that enables us to get your property restored quickly and thoroughly.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
Our initial focus is to stop the source of water feeding the mold. We then isolate the affected area using a negative air pressure chamber. We invest in ongoing mold remediation training and the latest equipment to serve you better
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different, and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our “typical” process:
- Emergency Contact - (407) 226-2621
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
With sensational news stories and misleading advertising, you can easily understand why so many people are misinformed about indoor mold. Learn the facts about mold and the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of South Orange County is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of the Orlando community. When you have a water or mold damage issue, we’re already nearby and ready to help.
We are also part of a national network of over 1,700 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams strategically located throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: